We would like to thank those parishioners who attended the Annual Parish Meeting in May, providing us with feedback on our traffic calming proposals for our villages and ask those who did not attend to view our proposals and let us know what your opinions are, so that we can agree & progress with the first phase of a traffic calming plan that you the residents want & support.
Please see below the proposal summary and view the illustrated maps.
The feedback form is at the bottom of the page. Please complete & email to our clerk : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Build-Outs with village gateways between Byrkley crossroads & the church and also after the vicarage prioritising traffic in the village centre. Mandatoty requirements are a 5m street light with lantern, an illuminated give way sign & giveway markings. Optional roadmarkings : dragons teeth, 30pmh roundall on road.
- A raised platform crossing by the school. Mandatory requirements are 5m street lights with lanterns either side, illuminated warning signs either side.
- Single yellow lines to restrict parking during school drop off / pick up.
- A new 40mph speed limit from the Tatenhill 30mph to the Rangemore 30mph. The 40mph limit sign will be repeated every 1/3 of a mile.
- Village gateways identifying Tatenhill Common, supported by dragons teeth & 40mph roundalls on road.
- Visual narrowings / edge markings
- SLOW markings.
- Village Gateways with dragons teeth road markings
- The key to traffic calming in Tatenhill is the crossroads, so for Phase 1 we are proposing that we commission AMEY as consultants to look at options for increasing safety at the crossroads
- Purchase mobile Speed Indicator Devices (SIDS) to rotate around the parish. These will highlight the speed limit and record speeds which will help us to a) seek enforcement & b) highlight areas where further traffic calming is required.